View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shivaya

AH Has Asked for a Divorce!!

Well.....after 8 months of living in a household where I have set firm boundaries....and after almost 19 years of living in a household where any kind of behavior was accepted......my AH has decided that he wants a divorce!!!

Is it a coincidence that he feels our marriage is not savable now that I've finally stood up for myself and am no longer enabling him?

All I can say is Wow....this disease is so powerful, and it has torn my family apart...

My job now is to protect myself and my children, as he wants 50/50 custody!!! I've told him that I will have to bring up his drinking and use of drugs, and he says that it would not be in the best interest of the children if I do this, and do I want to fight or go about it reasonably!!!!!????????

I tell him that I have a major concern about his ability to parent while he continues to drink....he says....here we go again, it always goes back to the drinking!!!!!

Well.....I wonder why it always goes back to the drinking????? Maybe because that is the root cause of the demise of our marriage????

I can't wait to see my counselor next week...I need some sanity!!!!

I am standing my ground no matter what anybody says (i.e., comments from neighbors telling me that I need to compromise and let my poor husband drink in his own home)!!!! Huh???? I wonder what they'd think if I told them how many times my AH has urinated in places other than the bathroom in our home????

Yikes.........please pray for me and my children.

Shivaya