View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Rozied)))

Just wanted to let you know about the 2 letters I got from jail/prison in the past week.

First was from my XABF...full of "I love you, I need you...oh and can you send me money"...quack, quack, quack.

The second was from a boy who used to sell me dope, but also tried to keep me safe and get me off the streets and didn't LIKE selling me stuff, but that's how he made a living. Anyway, he got into a fight, killed someone and it was self defense but he ran to another state and got 14 years.

He's been very supportive of me. I told him I felt bad I couldn't send him money (he's NEVER asked) and he said "don't worry about that...I got myself where I am, I get fed 3 times a day except on weekends...put your money toward your bills". I just got a letter and he said a CO pulled him aside and asked if he believe in God. He does, and he prays "even for my enemies" but he said he keeps hearing me say things like "God hasn't let me down yet" or "God will help me through this" and he sees how I've changed MY life the past 3 years, and wants to follow in my footsteps.

I know he's not quacking because he takes full responsibility for his actions, hasn't asked for anything, and has helped ME through some of my struggles. The other big thing is he's never really had "enablers"...has had to take the consequences of his actions since he was 12 years old. He has family/friends that LOVE him dearly, but no one has ever bailed him out of jail, his mom is struggling to make ends meet so he doesn't ask her for anything. He's 24 years old, but has grown up really fast.

Just something to think about.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy