View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
scorpiogirl

Lightbulb We create our own reality....

Originally Posted by BlvninGod View Post
...I am so deep in anger and resentment I need some rock solid directions on how to get out of this funk. I keep saying I won't give him my serenity - but my actions don't back up my words. This recession has me scared - can I make it on my own? Will my adult son's ever speak to me again if i walk? i just want a simple, quiet little peaceful life.
While reading your post, the words that came into my mind were ~~ "who's life are you going to live, yours or his?"

As far as your 'adult' children go, it doesn't matter what they think, it is your life. I've had my adult children not speak to me before (as has many other people) and guess what, you live through it. (Eventually, we spoke again.) Before you are a wife or a mom, you are you. Don't give your soul away bit by bit, piece by piece.

My suggestion is to pray for the strength & willingness to do what it is you know to do. If you are to leave (and I have been where you're at before), the right little place showed up for me to move to and I had the peace I wanted for so long. The problem at that time (years ago) was, I didn't know what to do with the peace once I had it. My life was simple & easy yet, my addiction to drama (that was unbeknownst to me) crep back in and I moved back in with him.....Only to do that 2 more times. Yes, moved everything in and out til *I* finally got it.

I remember making a list of all the things I wanted in my early years of recovery and the very first thing on my list was "peace". I almost recoiled back from the paper when I first wrote that cause I didn't know that I didn't even have peace let alone know what it looked or felt like. As the years went on, it was obvious I didn't have peace and it was up to me to take my life back and create the life I wanted.

The Universe provides. We are not meant to be miserable. We create our own realities; what will be yours?