View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
devastated

Rozied

Hi Rozied:

Boy do I know that feeling! It's the same feeling that I use to get when the phone rang and heard the words "MOM?" Oh, how I hated to hear that 'cause I just knew it was always bad news.

Today I say, "hand me my check, I'm done!" Witnessed by the fact that my grandaughter has been calling me (really desperate I guess) 'cause I'm the last straw for her. She wanted help 'cause everything in her life is going' wrong! DUH? Choices!

I cannot believe how I was able to tell her I love her and hoped she would find her way in her own time and her own way. I said I've been through all this before and suffered for years and I refuse to be a "victim" anymore!

I told her when she was ready she'd do it! Until then, good luck.

At one time, I would have died before I would say things like that. Now, I'm not 'cause I've done my time! This goes for my son as well. He is getting out in just one month and I've told him the same thing! If he screws up again, I'm done! I hope he knows I mean it.

So, dear, don't fret. Let him find his way. Just tell him you love him and always will and pray one day he will realize that life is good when you play by the rules.

Harsh? Not anymore! Been there, done that and now time for a change!

Maybe you shouldn't open the letter! Believe me, you'll hear soon enough if it's bad news. In the meantime take care of you.

Hugs, Devastated