Thread: warning
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
scorpiogirl

Wink

Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
I have been depressed, so sad and so sick at heart. I can hardly function. My jewelry is just stuff, but my heart is broken because each stolen item was lovingly selected and my trust was violated by my own son.
Oh Guinevere, I am so, so sorry! Yes, something like this is painful and feelings of feeling violated very normal.

I know there are no words to say to bring comfort to this loss; however I can say this. Once I had a piece gone (was my grandmother's wedding ring studded with diamonds; very old), after fretting and getting upset and crying, I sat down (this just came over me at the time) and actually thanked that piece of jewelry for being in my life and bringing me as much joy as it did over the years; realizing I had it for a time and now that time has passed. You can't take away memories.

You say that it is just stuff - well, you're right. Things are here to us on loan during this time on the planet. My mom used to say, "it's only money, you can't take it with you". That sentence has come up in my mind often over the years. My mom is no longer here and it keeps a memory alive for me.

I do agree with one other poster (if you're up for it) - to contact pawn shops in the area and/or the police and make a report. The stolen items just might end up in the pawn shop. This might help to empower you as well. Just a thought.

I'm assuming this is a grown son??? Is he living with you? If he is, what are you going to do now? If he isn't, what are you going to do?

Wishing the best for you, clarity of mind and sanity during this time. :ghug3