View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Hi Rozied. Funny. I just got a letter from my ex too. I opened it. I'll share.

He says he misses me. He's sorry. He wishes he could be there for his son but he needed this time to find himself and God.... He is grateful to be alive. He has wasted too much time.... life is precious. Then he says, "Thank you for being straight forward and brutally honest with me.... you are the best...."

Oh and he wants me to bring his son for a visit so that he can explain to him in person about being gone. ( I think that's a little scary...)

If I had a nickel for everytime I've gotten this exact same letter from him, I'd be rich.

It's really frustrating. You want to believe that they have changed. But the fact is that they are still addicts and they are still screwed up. The original problem hasn't gone away. So while I'm sure he means all these nice things from prison, it really only matters if he stays clean once he gets out. Actions speak louder than words.

It's really hard to deal with.

At least he didn't ask for more money.

I hope that when you read the letter from your son, you are able to remain detached and remember that his actions, once he gets out, will speak louder than his words.

I wish you peace. God bless.