View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Yeah, man. I've gone home from a few AA meetings crying. I can remember (actually, I can't forget) going to one after getting out of a 21 day inpatient treatment program in that town that was based on Choice Theory. Well, as part of my introduction to the group I talked about it, as well as the LifeRing online meetings I was doing. Well, next an oldtimer shared about how Choice Theory was crap, blah, blah and I tried to defend myself the best I could (with about 60 days of sobriety that I was hanging on to by a thread). A couple of other people jumped in and they were about to hold a group conscience to kick me out, but I left and then broke down. I went home and wrote a rap that was like Emimem meets The Orange Papers. I relapsed a couple of days later and posted an email to the LifeRing Email List (the one the 'Keepers' are from) entitled something like "Blowing Chunks and Still Hating AA." It was pretty pathetic and wasn't one of my better moments. I used to not care what people believed in.. now I have fish parodies all over my car. I guess that's something I'm going to have to get over someday. Anyway, there's a little bit about me for ya!