Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marine1492

Hello! So you are on day 12 eh? Congrats! That in itself is a victory in my opinion!

I've never come off valium before, but i have xanax. Both (as you probably already know) are the same class of drug...benzodiapines (sp?).

I'm not a doctor by any means, but how its been described to me is that valium while not a potent as xanax, has a half life 3 to 4 times longer as xanax does...which means it remains in your system for a while longer.

I would think it depends largely on 2 things.

1. How long your had been taking valium (weeks, months, years)
2. What dose you were at when you stopped taking valium.

I'm personally on day 7 of being off xanax. Time of use was a year and a half, dose before quitting .75mg. After day 7, most major withdrawl symtoms have gone away. Still remaining is slight un-easy feeling, shaky hands and anxiety level rather high. 0 panic attacks (which i'm real grateful for), not too bad sleep problems (one nyquil does the trick).

So to sum it up. Everyone is different so withdrawls could last longer than others. However, being that you're almost to two weeks, i'd say you're probably getting real close to getting out of the woods...so keep it up!!!