Old 08-24-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

She wants to hold me hostage (figuratively)

Came home from work tonight and told me that she saw the ex-abf and that she is going to continue seeing him. She knows how much we put into her the last three months-both emotionally and financially. She thinks that she will continue living here, working, going to meetings and we will continue to pay for her meds, etc. because we love her so much and want her to be clean. This will not work even if she does stay clean. She tells me that she wants to die, has never been happy, basically the same **** we have been hearing forever. So I need to have a plan because I know that I don't want to be sitting here being told what to do by my daughter. And I know I can't accept her seeing the man that supplied her drugs and abused her for the last 2 and 1/2 years. Plus she has the I don't give a **** attitude that is so different from the one filled with gratitude for all that we have done for her that she was expressing just yesterday. Pray for me to be strong enough to do what my heart is telling me not to. Thanks, Marle