Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Thumbs up Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone. This is my first time posting a thread in this section. I can't believe I just spent 1.5 hours reading through some of the old material...Whew!

I'm just dropping by to say a little about myself. I guess if you'd have to stick a label on me, call me agnostic. I stopped believing in a god before I had a drinking problem. Lack of faith is NOT what led me to drink...it was one small part of NUMEROUS other things.

Being in your early 20's is a drag. I went through so many mental changes in a short period of time I didn't know what to do so I drank. And drank. Now I'm in my late 20's (sober at the moment). I know that AA (or any other group that's organized) won't work for me. I've never been the kind of person who can lay it all out in order and make it happen. I have my own hodge-podge random way of doing things. A part of me wishes I could get it together, but my brain doesn't seem to want to function that way. Anyone else feel as scrambled as I do? Sometimes it's fun taking an unorganized approach to life, but it can get in the way of moving forward at times. I'm trying to become more focused. Trying. Right now I'm happy I yet again have 23 days of sobriety. That's okay for now, but I need to think about moving on with my life so I can do the things I dream about. I keep telling myself that this is the only shot at existence that I have. Once I'm dead, that's it. Game over. I don't want to go out drunk, poor, depressed, and smelly.