View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

and the beat goes on....

So my son got out of jail, being told by his PO that he was given a chance and he needed to be grateful. This weekend my ex opened his bank statement and found that he had been spending all of his paycheck on booze. He has been openly buying alcohol from a liquor store and he's only 18! He's done it more than once. As a matter of fact, he went out the day after he got out of jail and bought some booze.

The good thing is that his dad and I are in agreement on this FINALLY! We talked to him together. We closed his checking account and told him he would have to turn his paycheck over to us. No more late nights. He is signed up for college this fall and will keep working his job. And if he doesn't screw up, he will have a place to stay. If he screws up, there will be no bed at either house. We will go to the PO with the proof that he has been buying alcohol.

Now I know in my heart he won't be able to make this. He is an addict. He has no control, the addiction does. I am preparing for the fact that he will be in jail. As you all know, I have struggled with this. But I am coming to terms with it. I expect he'll comply for about 3 days. Then payday will happen and all hell will break loose.

In the meantime, I am starting school and trying to be normal. Actually, I'm glad to go to work. It gives me a place where I feel like I can do something right.
Anyway, prayers are needed friends. That I can be strong. That I can follow through. That God will hold my little boy in his hands.

when I start to feel sad, I think: Every time he went in to that store and bought liquor,he was breaking a law. He should be in jail for a long time for all that he has done. He continuously has broken the laws. He has been given chance after chance and he has thumbed his nose at the law. it is time for him to pay the price.

krhea