Thread: I am so angry
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

I know how you feel. When I decided I couldn't live with my A anymore, I gave him a month's notice. As in: be out by the end of the month. During that same month was a two week period when are kids were supposed to go visit his parents. We live in a rural area, the airport they were to fly out of/in to is a four-hour drive.

I had made arrangements to drive them down the night before they were to fly out. AH couldn't come, which was fine with me. The kids and I had a nice time shopping, staying in a hotel, eating out, etc.

So then two weeks pass and it's the day before we are supposed to drive down and pick them up--together. He decides he's going to a party for this guy (another A) who is moving to Alaska. He doesn't come home that night. Shows up at 9:30 the next morning, still buzzed, and decides to pass out.

I had a plan for the day already, which involved some housework, tidying up, changing bedding, etc. to get the house in order for return of kids, start of school, etc. So, I'm stomping around the house, fuming over the night before, listening to him snore while I clean up the house and get ready to drive four hours each way to the airport.

Finally, he gets up, says he can't stand this anymore, he's moving out today! Grabs his suitcase, throws some clothes in it and leaves.

He had three weeks to come up with a plan, decide on a date, find a place, etc. What does he do? Leaves on the day we are supposed to pick up the kids at the airport! So, not only did I have to drive four hours each way with no one to share the driving. I had to explain to the children why their dad was no longer living in our house.

And where was he? At his drinking buddies house continuing the party from the night before.

Yeah, sometimes anger is appropriate.............

L