View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
justsomeguy

Wanted to let evreyone know things are going great, I'm in a great mood, I can't believe how easy this has been this time with help. Getting to a Doctor, and getting a sponsor is a complete 180 feeling from every other time I've tried to quit. I feel I have people I can't let down now and the thought of drinking has not even passed my mind.

Unlike every other time when I got in a few days started feeling good about myself, started getting confident again, and started feeling I could handle it, this time I feel fantastic but I realize I could slip back in, and that is making me completely disregard alcohol, I really am already not even thinking about it.

I've already learned so much in such a short time from AA to open my eyes to easy ways to turn off the switch that allows me to let myself drink, when I know it's the wrong choice.

I will say that my second meeting was very different, you have to keep going, and going to different meetings to find the ones you like, and you have to expect different things. You will always take something away with you, but you may not like one as much as the other, that's OK.

My sponser said it's like going to 10 different italian restraunts, they all serve the same thing, but it's always different you like some, some you don't.

I'm excited about my future... I'm wondering where I'll be in 6 months. I do not in any way think I will drink again in that time, which is why I'm wondering... what will I have accomplished in 6 months.. the possibilities are very exciting!!!

I've had a long long day very tired, forgive my typos.