View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Well Bamb, I feel like I'm on a constant battle against space and time Time always seems to be in a hurry, and I never feel like I have enough space. I'm not talking specifically about sobriety here, I've always been that way. But what works for me is to quit worrying about time altogether, and focus on the now. I try to, anyway.

Your clock might be settling down... I don't know about you but, back when I was drinking, the days all seemed to be the same (actually, they were!) and, like you, I felt like I was running (uhmm... stumbling) on a treadmill that seemed to speed up mercilessly, taking me nowhere. So slowing down is a huge relief. Knowing that I'm *here* *now* is liberating.

On a more practical level, maybe you should be weary of boredom - though you don't mention it, droning uneventful days can be a pain. And boredom, at least to me, is a huge trigger. So I try to do something with my time. Maybe my daily activities aren't exactly grand, but I try to vary them a bit. I need the structure of a routine these days, it comforts me (I've had enough surprises for the time being!), but I also like it to be flexible and creative. Just a thought.

Enjoy your jog!