View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Counting money or anything that involves recording information can trigger checking rituals. It's not so bad if it's computerized and once the info is sent, it's sent. But if it's there to be seen, I'm compelled to keep checking. Also, if there is a time constraint, like people waiting in line it is really bad and I have panic attacks. I've done a good share of cooking, but during rushes I get panic attacks, my brain freezes up and I can't think. But, I've been told that everything I send out looks picture perfect. I much prefer prep cooking where I'm not rushed. I can work fast if there is not much thought involved, like general labor, even though I may repeat things and be very perfectionistic at times. I can think fine if I don't 'feel' like I'm under pressure to perform at a certain speed, although I still check and repeat thinks to some extent. So, my assets are that I am very detail oriented and thorough, but being so rigid and methodical comes at the expense of the quanity of work performed. I wish I could find something working from home that is not a scam. I do a little bit of selling on eBay and my seller rating is very good, but finding things to sell is a challenge. I'm going to post this and see how many times I have to edit it. LOL!