Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OldPaint

Question about wife 'acting' drunk (says she isnt)

Bear with me on this...a little back story then my question. Please help

My wife (prior to our marrige) used to drink quite heavily. It was on a nightly basis and would often result in her blacking out and not remembering anything. She sobered up when we became serious and I would like her to obviously remain sober. I pretty much have a zero tolerance towards the alcohol because I know how bad she was with it and how easy it would be for her to slip back into it. She remains sober and does not touch the stuff. Within the past 3 years she slipped up twice and got drunk (once at a wedding and once at home while trying to hide it from me).

She acts like a completely different person when she is drunk and it is quite obvious when she has had drinks. Lately she has started acting that way on occasion. The strange thing is I have noticed it is only after we have sex. At first I was positive she had been drinking but the more i think about it i dont see how it would be possible. We are together the whole time and she will be stone cold sober...we will have sex...then she will act like she is drunk. I've questioned her about it and she swears she isnt drinking. I have no idea what to think because like i said I dont see how she would get drunk while in my site and me not knowing it yet everytime we have sex she acts in a way that i have only seen from her after drinking.

Is it possible for someone who used to drink heavily to kind of slip back into that mindset (without alcohol) perhaps by engaging in physical activity? I know it is a very silly question but i am quite confused.....