Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Thinkingabit

Hey all! I have not been about as we are buying a house and WOW that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more work than I ever knew! It is sooo freaking cool though! LOL

This is a FABULOUS thread and I thank you for posting this one!

I too am religious, but my beliefs are that God helps those who help themselves. My God is not loving me conditionally. Thus if I relapse, I have not lost connection with him/her/it. I do not have a relationship with him/her/it based on whether I stay clean or not. If I stay clean today it is because I chose to do so and not because God or whatever sat on me and did it for me. If I use it is not because God has forsaken me, it is because I chose to do something really stupid considering my history of more than one is not enough! LOL I have always had faith and though it changes and grows I believe my divine power had no hand in my not getting in trouble in my bad behaviors. I think that my divine being is a bit too busy to micromanage the lives of every person screwing up in the world as that is ALLLLLL of us at one time or another! LOL

I work on sobriety through positive focus. I am powerful and work on increasing my power to choose right from wrong and habitually choosing to do right makes the bad habits fade with time. I also find that the less I focus on recovery stuff and the more I focus on life, the more my life becomes "normal." When I was living in that recovery mentality I was focusing on not getting high and the brain not recognizing "not's" was focusing on getting high. I was living in fear of it and living in the problem to be living in a recovery focus. To focus on positives and what I want has eliminated that fight.

This is just my perspective though and I realize that we are all individuals. What works for me is a rational approach. There is no mystery or ****** medicine... no magic. Just a simple choice...

My faith is unshaken and is personal to me.

Cool thread! Thank you!

T