View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dixied

please keep me in your thoughts

Friends,

I will go to pick up my son in a few days. He needs to go to an attorney's fpr a conference concerning his impending divorce. He is eight months (still in rehab)clean and we will take him back after a week-end pass which ends this Sunday afternoon. The staff at the facility say to get the divorce out of the way and over with and then they will begin the search for an appropriate halfway house. He would move in that direction when they feel he is ready to transition to the next level.

I guess all of that is good news but I am just anxious about the week-end. I always seem to "harp" on the wrong things. I know I shouldn't but they just have a way of spilling out. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and perhaps I can get through this difficult time. He says he feels disconnected from our family. I have only seen him twice in eight months due to the distance. He has changed but he just doesn't seem like the person I raised and I am sure he isn't because he has faced life changing experiences most of which i wish he had never had.

If you have any thoughts or encouragement I'd surely appreciate anything coming my way.

Thank you to everyone. Dixied