View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Hi Chalkie.

There is a smoker's anonymous. I don't have any problem with the program but I think the name is preposterous. There is NOTHING anonymous about smoking. We stink. TheJayWalker (you can find him over on AA) went to Nicotine Anonymous for awhile and I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you what it was like.

I tried tapering, but I'm too fidgety. If they're around I smoke them. I tried the patch. It was okay but they seem so pricey and it just seemed to me like it was making it all take longer than it should. I wanted it over with, so I bought a whole bunch of suckers and just quit. I gained 15 pounds... fought it off... and gained back 20. I have now lost six of that and am frequenting the eating disorders page for the encouragement to get the rest off. I don't know what the magic was but I knew this time I was quitting. I did not have doubts. I did not think about how hard it was going to be or fear failing. I just was not going to do that any more. I guess it's like any kind of recovery. If you're ready... you can do it. It just takes an absolute decision.

Hugs!
smoke (used to get in my eyes) :LMAO