Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Alaia

Thanks for the support. Yesterday was just a horrible day. He took a suboxone the other day, tried to lie to me about it, but quickly told me the truth after I asked him the same question a 2nd time. He was told by one of his friends from his meetings that it's not a good idea to take them and that he didn't recommend taking them, but if he felt that he really needed it then to take a 1/2 and not to take anymore. my bf doesn't have a sponsor yet. He wants to ask someone from his group but I guess the guy wasn't at the meeting Monday. He wanted to do it in person, not over the phone. I didn't make a big deal about it cause my bf is a little shy. It really upsets me that he took a sub and even more that he has unlimited access to them because his ex has an rx and so does his brother...plus he knows people who sell them. He said he took it cause it takes the edge off. I am not a fan of him doing this. He needs to learn to cope without taking anything because I feel he is just using it in place of getting high. He has no $ so he can't get high, but the ex can give them to him and so can his brother or he can buy them if he had to. He knows how I feel about this. I know when he takes them...his pupils don't lie.

He promised me he wouldn't take them and also to be honest when I ask him questions (not that I totally believe him) so thats a start, and he did quickly change his mind and tell me the truth the other night. It's gonna be a long bumpy road. He applied for mass health and I hope he gets it so he can get in an intensive outpacient program and go to the doctor and maybe a shrink if they will cover it. Maybe us going to a shrink together might help too. HE is open to all options.