Thread: vent...
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alaia

Originally Posted by littlebird77 View Post
.... I am just so numb right now. He JUST got out of rehab, and I want to leave him. I don't think I can take another relapse... I was looking at pictures of myself a few years ago, and I looked so much better then I do now... My sick days from work are from when the building manager called me to tell me he was passed out on the stairs or when he is in the hospital from an OD... I never get a day off for me... No vacation, because he stole my money... nothing... my pain is not healing and I don't want to work this relationship out... I am so scared if I do, he will just relapse.... I am so independent... All I need is a man who will love me and love himself.
You need to put yourself first for a change. Let him go do his thing and get help and take some time to care for yourself for a change. Check out this book: Co-Dependent No More by Melody Beaty, it's a good book. I am 3/4 of the way through it right now. It's an easy read and though I don't agree with all of it, a lot of it makes sense and has helped ease some of my pain. I got it on Amazon.com, someone mentioned it in another thread, and I am glad they did.

I am not sure about my relationship, but I am not scared. I laid down the ground rules and I am sticking to them. I have done all I could and more, now its time to take care of me, and if that mean walking away for a little while, so be it.