View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Sorry that you are going through this but glad you found this website. This is a great place for you to start working out your jumbled feelings.

So I have to ask, did you do the driveby? Did he make it to the meeting? Pretty goofy to think that a 7 year old will "catch him" looking up meetings on the internet and use that as an excuse to have you do something for him that he is perfectily capable of doing himself.

It sounds like he is full of reasons why he uses and NOT full of reasons why he should quit using. That's manipulation to me... but what do I know. :-) When an addict is serious about recovery, they won't care who knows about it. In fact, they will be very obvious in their commitment to getting better. They won't have any other choice. You can't save your butt while you are still trying to save your face...

What I DO know is that you didn't cause his addiction, you can't control his addiction, you can't cure his addiction. What you can do is take care of yourself and your children. Sounds like you are trying to do that. This website can be a great tool for you. Keep reading and posting here.