View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Thanks Marle for starting a check in...I am happy to hear from some of those who are busy living life on life's terms and don't have too much time here. Everyone, whether their kids are in recovery or still struggling sounds terrific in their recoveries! Thanks so much for all the ESH you share here.

The first half of July is a difficult time since it brings back memories of losing my youngest daughter. But this year, although the days leading up to the second anniversary seemed somehow harder (I think because the grief felt so in my face and time had lessen that feeling) on the actual day I was able to celebrate her life moreso than mourn her death which felt good. I am so grateful for the time I had with her and she will always live on.

My oldest daughter is doing terrific - so strong in her recovery and wise beyond her years. She is a little too overprotective of mom though, lol...always checking on me; very aware if I get too quiet...But it is very sweet and so nice to see her focus shifting from the all about me addict view to helping the newcomers in her group and reaching out to others. She is doing great on her job and still pushing on finishing her degree. It helps that once she is done she'll automatically qualify for a salary adjustment of probably about $5,000. She will be with her current RABF a year in August...they speak of marriage but she has learned so much - not jumping into moving in together until they are ready and not so filled with school and work (they are both finishing up college) making sure debts are repaid and money is saved (A savings account - isn't that awesome?!!) and making sure that their lives don't totally revolve around each other. It's the healthiest relationship I have seen her in - Program sure does help in all aspects of life. We all spent a long weekend together last week attending my nephew's wedding down south. Lots of good clean, sober fun and laughter. Her BF fits right in...if you can dish out and take teasing, my side of the family loves you, lol.

I love summer and I am savoring every moment...Spending as much time as possible outdoor activities - hiking, swimming, kayaking on any open weekends, and lots of lunch time walks with my higher power. I love how recovery has helped me rediscover the joy of simple things.

Hugs and prayers to you and your loved ones :ghug