View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Barbara52

One thing I learned over the past year as I went thru leaving my AH, getting a divorce and selling our house is that no THING is worth having a life that is miserable.

As it is, the house is selling for barely enough to cover the loans and I am not going to get much of anything from the proceeds. On paper, this is a loss of several hundred thousand dollars. My credit rating is shot to hell because I stopped making payments on the house 7 months ago because I couldn't pay the mortgage and my rent. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment instead of a 5 bedroom house.

And ya know what? I don't care. What I have gained in peace, joy and serenity is worth every penny.

If I had stayed with xAH, I would still have a house with equity. I would also be living with a man who refuses to admit he is an alcoholic let alone begin recovery, a man who refuses to get a job, a man who was emotionally distant and living in a fantasy world all his own. I would be hating my life and myself for accepting less than I deserve.

Yeah, it was well worth losing all the THINGS I left behind.