View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
caileesnana

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear we are all still around, a few missing but hopefully they'll check in soon.

I am doing OK. RAD is doing ok, attending IOP (finishes week 5 next week) then a step down program. The baby is due around end of Aug/Sept (depending on dates vs sonogram). After birth and recovery, she will attend parent/child development classes for 10 weeks. Prayerfully she will continue on the right path.

She is excited about the baby, and actually acts normal! She attends meetings and for the first in a long, long times looks to the future w/ normal hopes and wants. I know it is not over and will be hard, but for now she is trying.

My son doesn't talk bad to her, he even talked nice to her a few times. He will make a sarcastic comment to me, but at least treats her w/ respect. My granddaughter, sons child, is so happy she is about to pop. Kasey being back was great but the idea of her "little brother" (told her cousin, she won't have it) is almost more than she can handle. Kasey is grouchy, tired and at times short w/ her, but in the big picture this is normal and will pass.

I was able to get FMLA from work in order to get her to class in the mornings without being marked tardy at work so that makes it alot easier. She asked if I would be able to stay a few days at home after the birth "because I don't want to be here alone and do something wrong". I was thankful she asked ( I had already requested vacation time!!) as it made me feel good. She said she wants to be a mother like I am. THat made my day that for even that moment, she said said it and was sincere~!

Went back to court on Monday re: protection order. It is done for two years! He (drug dealer/BG??) has two felonies coming to court this month and this is striker 3 & 4. I hope to never see him again. I pray for him as noone deserves that life, but .......

Love and peace to you all. Think of you all and read/check in alot just haven't had time to sit and write. THanks for the PM's and prayers!!

susan