View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's great to hear the good news here, and even news like Rozied's with her son in jail is good in its own way, he's safer there than most places he might be.

I haven't heard from my son in 4 years now, but each day I still give him to God to take care of and then live a good life knowing he's in good hands. Funny thing, this is the second week I have been in Toronto for a course (through work) and my lovely hotel room looks over one of the busiest streets in this city. I have watched the action, panhandlers, young kids making quick deals and a few hookers who are somebody's daughter/sister/loved one...and rather than upsetting me, it made me grateful to no longer live in that world. I pray that one day my son can return to mine, but I just cannot walk into hell anymore to try to save that which is not mine to save.

So, all in all, I am doing well. I love my life today, even with its element of pain, and although I wouldn't wish my life on anyone...I wouldn't trade a day of it either because I wouldn't be in the good place of light I am in today without having walked through the darkness first.

God bless the moms, and God bless the child.

Love you all :ghug