View Single Post
Old 03-30-2002, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Researchwoman

Unhappy How do you watch someone die?

How do you watch someone die?

My boyfriend has been an alcoholic most of his life, from what he’s told me. Until about a year ago, he was pretty much able to control it and “hide it” from most people (including me). But, then, the binging began.

At first, he would binge for two or three days, drinking non-stop, every moment he was awake. It has progressed to the point now that for the past month, he was sober for only one 24-hour period. Prior to that, he was sober for a week after coming off a three-week binge.

He is drinking over a case of beer a day. I am so terrified he is going to die during this binge. How can someone drink that much in one day and still survive? How can someone drink that much for that long and not die?

I want to work on my own recovery from his addiction, but I can’t seem to get past this point. I am so terrified he is going to die in the eminent future that I am paralyzed in the rest of my life. What do I do? What can I do? How do I watch him die?

Please pray with me. I don’t know the answers any more.

ResearchWoman
How do you watch someone die?

My boyfriend has been an alcoholic most of his life, from what he’s told me. Until about a year ago, he was pretty much able to control it and “hide it” from most people (including me). But, then, the binging began.

At first, he would binge for two or three days, drinking non-stop, every moment he was awake. It has progressed to the point now that for the past month, he was sober for only one 24-hour period. Prior to that, he was sober for a week after coming off a three-week binge.

He is drinking over a case of beer a day. I am so terrified he is going to die during this binge. How can someone drink that much in one day and still survive? How can someone drink that much for that long and not die?

I want to work on my own recovery from his addiction, but I can’t seem to get past this point. I am so terrified he is going to die in the eminent future that I am paralyzed in the rest of my life. What do I do? What can I do? How do I watch him die?

Please pray with me. I don’t know the answers any more.

ResearchWoman