View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
imallright

I don't know the answer to your question. I think the only one who does is your BF. He has to want to stop and he has to find the right kind of help and strength to make it happen. You on the other hand, can do what is best for you. I have been there with the shock and pain...at a very young age too... and I can honestly say that in my case it didn't get better. I stayed involved with an addict, not realing grasping the concept that he was one and there was no way for me to "fix it" at 18, 19, 20..... years old.

I married him. And after years and years, of up, down and all around....with various drugs and times of being clean... oh, yeah and 2 kids.... I finally said, "can't do it anymore." Get help for you. Go to alanon or nar-anon. Keep coming here. I am an educated woman, who came from a great family (little nutty though, just like everyone's) ha! and I still got myself into this mess. Now at 45 and after almost 24 years of marriage, I am free of the situation, but boy have I got tons to deal with.

You are sooooo young.... please free yourself. Take some time for you. Get some space and think.... it's a rough road, hon. Take care of you.

HUGS!