View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
MrRommel

Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
I gave this a shot for awhile, and even pulled it off for a short while, but man, was I miserable. The fact is, I don't want to drink in moderation. People who drink in moderation make *no* sense to me and they never have. A glass of wine with dinner? One glass? Are you serious? What's the point? A couple of beers? Come on, we all know that means at least 8...right?

What I want is to be able to drink like an alcoholic--starting first thing in the morning, staying wasted all day, passing out at night, and starting all over again the next day--without any consequences. No loss of job, no hangovers, no divorce, no hurling on the rug, no blackouts...or at least no really embarassing blackouts.

You hit how I used to drink right on the head.

For me, personally, moderation isn't something that I'm able to do easily. I'd buy a case, then be happy with one or two...until I finished them. Then I'd drink some more, then *boom!* Case is gone, and I'm staggering to the store to buy some more!

I wouldn't like the idea of MM. For me, it'd be playing russian roulette. I have a hard enough time turning down alcohol when I'm sober. Getting a slight buzz and staring at 23 cold ones in the fridge isn't a good combination. Too tempting.