Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

Son moves back home and so begins the chaos....

Well,
My son moved back home after meeting some of my requirements. He finally agreed to not bringing the pit bull home, paid me $50 of the money he owed me for wrecking my car, and began the process of signing up for college. Things seemed good for a while. He seemed like his old self. he still wasn't going to meetings, but I was hoping for the best. He is also still going to work at KFC.

Yesterday he got his paycheck and was gone all day. But he came home at 1:30 a.m. yelling at me because he couldn't find his checkbook and his dad had his atm card because he went in overdraft last month. I heard someone else come in the house as he was rummaging through my cupboards and yelling at me, so I got up and said who else is coming in my house? He yelled, it's just his friend, can't he just have his friends over. As he left, I got a whiff of alcohol. When I got up this a.m., my front door was left open.

today I need to kick him out. I just read ann's poem and the part about self-love really struck me. I need to care about me more than him. It's hard as a parent, and to be honest, I don't think I can do this. But I know in my head I need to do this. How do I get from the knowledge to the action?

Krhea