View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CamTheCat

Originally Posted by bobmatic View Post
they mention things like,quote" i have 45 character defects, or more, " unquote.

while my sponsor said, we all have 4 major ones, fear, resentments, anger and selfishness. can someone explain to me, in a keep it simple manner,
cheers everyone.
One could probably put each of those 45 character defects into one of the four categories your sponsor listed.

I agree that shortcomings and defects of character are the same thing. I worked my fourth by seeing how the 7 sins played a role in my life in active addiction. I reworked it in other ways too... thought it was wise to be thorough.

As for steps 6 & 7, I found that although I was ready to have my defects of character removed, and I humbly asked for it to be so, I was surprised to find that I could have them right back as soon as I wanted! What I mean is that I need to actively work on my shortcomings in recovery, and new defects of character continue to present themselves throughout recovery. Thank goodness for the steps, because I wouldn't know what to do with my DOC without the steps.