View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by dryjuliet View Post
I have looked into MM...im not sure what to consider myself at this point..alcoholic or pre-alcoholic? I cannot go out and have just one...if i could, i would be okay.
If you can't stop, most people, including those in secular recovery, consider this the behavior of a person who is an alcoholic.

I have to get hammered, otherwise its a waste. Im not dependent though, and drink mostly on the weekends...so i feel lost in this world of alcoholic or not, or how to quit! AHH! but atleast i recognize MM is not happening.....
dryjuliet, consider why you consider this a waste. Those without drinking problems consider getting hammered every weekend a waste.

You may be a binge drinker, which is a form of alcoholic. Have you looked into that possibility?

You also mentioned you have looked into MM. Have you done what they recommend and stop drinking for a month? If you tried, what happened?

When I began to feel if I didn't get hammered on my pain pills, I knew something was wrong with my behavior (not me as a person, my behavior).

That is my ESH (Experience, Strength and Hope).