View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sk8rvirgo
You can't fix stupid!!

Originally Posted by Tryin2Recover View Post
thanks man i been having a bad day and i slept instead of going to a meeting which was a bad idea. But hearing that (more your story about the pics than anything) is exactly what I needed to hear tonight to carry me through to tomorrow. Thanks.
Tryin2Recover- You know, recovery is an amazing thing. I just started Suboxone treatment today, in fact I am still waiting to take my first dose so that I don't have precipitated w/d's.

The reason I say recovery is amazing is because I just finished telling my family that I was starting this treatment, with all hopes that they would understand that I had not done anything wrong but that I was trying to do something better for myself. The response from them was more of disappointment that I had taken Px meds again. (I had a history with them)

In all reality, I am a 26 year old with the back of a 60 year old and that is hard for some people to understand. My parents witnessed me self-destruct while doctor shopping, abusing meds, and falling asleep at the dinner table. I understand the concern however they failed to note that I am being Pro-active in getting off the meds and was being upfront, keeping no secrets, and I still was looked down on by them.

So, long story short, coming to the board and reading that the story I have to share with others helped someone through one day...has helped me though one more day. And we all know, it's always "One Day at a Time" right?

Thanx for the positive words

Matt