View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there NeedTo, and welcome to this little corner of recovery

Looks like you gotta great start already.

Originally Posted by needtolearn View Post
...But can you, the reader, see SOOOOOO MANY ACOA character patterns that I was being set up for?....
Oh boy I sure can!!! I was abandoned by my parents too, and not always at home. My _earliest_ memories are of being abandoned. After awhile I caught on, and realized that keeping my mouth shut and _not_ telling who I was or what my phone number was guaranteed a lot of candy, attention and the ocassional trip to an amusement park. As I got older that turned into running away from home, first time was at age 12.

Do you think I might have trouble forming lasting relationships? * lol *

...Anyway, I see a lot of people talking about "no contact". I'll really be needing support in that area, as my parents are on permanent "no contact". I simply choose not to have them in my lives anymore. They checked out of my life a long time ago anyway; I felt the need to make it official for myself, due to their continued utter lack of respect, and regard for me....
I did that too. Not very well at first, but after many failures I finally made it stick. One of the best things I ever did for myself, and my marriage.

...I look forward to sharing in the "love", and support, thanks for reading
We got lots and lots of that. Have a

Mike