View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
marle

One time a few years back my younger sister had breast cancer. Now she really did have the surgery and the chemo, etc. At that time my mother was living with her and taking care of her two children. When my sister was seeming to get better my mom was going to move back to her hometown. Well my sister could not lose her live-in babysitter and so she developed terminal brain cancer. Told everyone that she would die within a year. Had my mother beside herself trying to do everything to make my sister happy. My mom would watch the children on weekends while my sister visited her boyfriend in another city. My mom would call me and tell me how she was worried about my sister having a seizure and getting into an accident while driving. To make a long story short, my sister did not have brain cancer, she was not going to die. She just wanted my mom not to move away. She was manipulating. I later asked my mom if she ever went with my sister to her appointments and she said no. Could be something similar is happening to you. Hugs, Marle