View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
needtolearn

What To Say, Where To Start

Okay, so I had been posting mostly in the "friends and family" section, due to my breakup with my ABF.

In dealing with the grief, I called a depression hotline, and got a therapist that happened to be trained in addiction. I told him I'm an ACOA, and based on the bits I told him about me, my situation with exBF, and how I was constantly saying "I might sound stupid", "This is dumb", "I'm not supposed to feel, ", he read me like a book. Not in a bad way, but in a very validating way.

I've been avoiding dealing with the ACOA stuff, but I think it's high time now. Just this phone session this weekend has shown me how much of my personality, and character has been formed/deformed by my childhood, and adult abuses from my "parents". (who are no longer in my life, by my choice).

So, I don't know where to start. What do I start sharing about? Do I just share stuff as it comes to mind? Can I comment on other's stuff?f

You know even as I type this, I feel silly for being so vulnerable, but I keep reminindg myself, that I'm allowed to feel how I feel.

Oh, also, I noticed there's a section for "meeting". Are they online meetings in chat, or how does that all work? I'd like to chat, and make some friends here.