View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bernadette

heya discovery,
Well if you take the alcohol out of your story and just look at behavior then you have a husband who has some annoying behavior that you wish he would change. You've asked him to knock it off. You've left the room (more than once I assume since you said he now sees it as a signal). He continues to act in this silly and aggravating manner.

So what are you gonna do?

Either you accept that this is how he behaves and let it go. Or you place some boundary in effect that protects you from the aggravation. Is just leaving the room not enough? It takes you out of the situation.

Does he refuse to try to change his behavior? That behavior must be serving him in some way. Perhaps he likes it that you leave him alone. Is he afraid of intimacy? Does HE blame the alcohol?

I mean, to most of us on this board, since it is f&F of alcoholics - we see this as nothing more than a soon-to-escalate continuation of active addiction. But you seem to see it as unrelated and somehow requiring some "new and different" response than :codiepolice

I hope you can figure it out!!
Peace,
B.