Thread: I'm Back....
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DII

Thanks TTOSBT. Well yesterday I sent her two text messages while I was at work. I knew she would read them. "What are you going to do?" and "Do not get into your car while you are drinking". She took 2 hours but returned the messages acknowledging that she had been drinking. We traded a few more messages and I told her that she needed to get back to work on her recovery. The funny thing is that I could tell for the last few weeks that she had backed away from her AA meetings and counseling....suprise. When I got home last night she was in bed. I asked her what her plans were and she said she had reached out to her sponsor and would be meeting with her today. I asked her when she last drank and she said 8:00am. She was still drunk and it was 5:00pm. She starts to cry and go to the same line "I'm so sorry, I wish I could be a different....", I stopped her because I am SO tired of the story and tears. It's very hard to keep your emotions in check with an A. You get so mad when they relapse and lie and it is so hard to switch to compassion and support when they are truly working on their recovery. In the back of your mind you question whether they are really working on recovery or not or that they will ever recover? It's the tough decision we all have to make. When is enough enough? We all loved our A once, whether it was before or after the disease took hold. Kids and the plans you make for life complicate things. She got up this morning and went to work.....we'll see how things go today.

Thanks for all the support!