Thread: Blah...
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

Thanks everyone!

So the big conference that I was preparing for...didn't happen! I got there at 9:30 for the meeting and no one else was there. Five phone calls later...it was cancelled long before this morning but no one bothered to call our office to tell us that! At least next time I'll know how to prepare.

Other than that, I still had a pretty rough day. I found out this week that my ex was just diagnosed with crohns (sp?) disease and that his enzymes in his liver are elevated. I'm upset for him but can't do anything but pray that he gets better, or at least not worse. So far, I've avoided the internet to figure out what could be wrong with him. He's only 33. I guess it's just hitting me pretty hard at the moment. So, my strategy for the weekend is to just keep myself very busy.

I recently reconnected with a friend from school that lives down the street from me. We live near a huge park and they have concerts every friday night, so I'm going to that with her. Tomorrow I'm getting a pedicure and having lunch with another friend and sunday I'm supposed to go see a movie with another friend. Sitting at home crying, I've decided, is not an option!

Paj: Thanks for the link!!! I also wish I could just turn a switch and be "ok"