View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

My friend that went to prison for child endangerment? She went NOT because she wasn't taking care of her child, but because she allowed her daughter to be around her husband, who is a registered sex offender (long story, but he really didn't do it...her other daughter got mad at him when he disciplined her and made up the story...admits to it, but he's still got the title of sex offender).

My friend loves her husband, and loves her daughter. She thought she could have them both. As a result, she ended up in prison, her daughter (who just turned 16) basically fended for herself, because her dad wouldn't do anything, and the husband is doing 10 years in prison.

So, yes...CPS can take your child even if you have a great job, and are supporting him.

I hope you find the strength and resources to move on without him. He's living an addict's dream.....get high and have no consequences. Maybe he'll find recovery, maybe he won't.

You will be amazed at what you can do when you have to. Put you and your child first, and let him find out addiction has consequences.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy