View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
drainedwife

As for the trip--i do think he will want to do fun things...and i dont think he would bring cocaine on the trip, risking getting caught at the airport, etc...

But i guess i will have to just see what is going to happen.....
My therpist said that if I just keep it in my head that this is not how i want to live my life but for right now, and with good reason, I dont have to confront him about it. when the time is right (after the summer) i can do that and be planning accordingly.....and working with her in the meantime to focus on myself, get stronger, have a support group, etc...... I have the summer to enjoy with my kids right now, so i might as well take advantage of it.....
He may be in active addiction, but at least (for now anyway-as for the past 3 years) he has kept his job.....and although he is not a great dad, at least he does talk to the kids, and does things with them once in a while.....not the best situation, but for right now...for the summer, i just feel like i have to let it ride until the vacations over, my mom goesback to florida, etc......
i dont know if this makes sense to any of you...but im going to see my therapist today to salk more about it..ill keep you posted....