Old 06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
11d

My kids use to ask me the same thing! NOw, they ask why he is so into his deer! I usually say "Ask him!" then leave quickly so that I didn't have to hear him! I do get all nervous and sick to my stomach when I think he is mad at me. I feel like a child and he is my parent! I know that is where I want to "Fix things", also. It is where I have began to learn that I cannot take on his pain or his problems. He has to experience those things. He has to experience his kids asking why he doesn't do stuff with them and just sleep. He has to feel his own feelings and deal with them. That is dealing with life on life's terms. I deal with mine. I do get those feelings though. I have learned to DETACH. That for me is walking away....quickly!

i understand being isolated and not having a social life. It is easier, I try to do things with my kids. I just do it and don't ask him any more. Some times he will ask to come along. If he doesn't,....it is him that loses out! Hope this helps....take what you want and leave the rest!