View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chrysalis123

Thank you all for your kind, helpful, and supportive posts. They helped give me stregth and get through this day. I managed to have some fun inspite of the pit in my stomach.

STBXAH is a high functioning alcoholic. He was given a wonderful second chance 7 years ago after almost dying in a near fatal DUI but did suffer an amputation. Attended AA for a while but then declared he wasn't one of them. I was still very sick and in complete denial as he continued on in is disease. I am not sure how much of the truth I even know from the last six years, but it doesn't matter because now I know my gut was right all along. This is a horrible thing to go through for all involved.

He came over today to see the 10 year old. She wouldn't see him and burst into tears sobbing in her room. I went in to hold her as he spoke throught the door. He said to her, "I feel bad too. You owe me an apology because you have rejected me." And still offered no apology for what he said to her on Monday.

I AM NOT MAKING THAT UP!!!! And then the mother lion in me woke up and boy was I angry. I gently put my precious child down and walked over to the door and let him have it. I doubt he even listened to me but it made me feel better to defend my daughter from his insanity. How dare he put the spotlight on himself and have his poor hurt feelings take center stage, when this child was devastated by him. He walked away saying it didn't matter what he said or did because I was turning her against him.

I am still angry and worked up, so I will journal, pray and take a bath. I know this will pass but I hope it hurries up. Thank you again for your kind words.