View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
four812

for me "depression" is waking up everyday for a year and wanting to die as soon as I know that i am awake. depression is thinking about killing myself many times during the course of the day. depression is being afraid to eat in front of other people because they will make fun of how I eat after I leave. I CAN"T cry when I am depressed (and that depresses me more).

feeling a little down is a wonderful alternative to depression for me. feeling lonely sure beats having the vision of walking down the road in the winter until I die on the side of thhe road. feeling bored sure beats sitting like a vegatable on the couch, and being totally unable to experience my children, because I am so completely consumed with how bad I feel that I have no concept of their present moment experience.

so I say if your feeling blue. that's ok... that's good.

for me If at the end of the day, if I have had the whole gammit of emotion (some comfortable feelings and some uncomfortable feelings), then I feel good about that about 8pm. today I've had a little of both, and perhaps more of the uncomfortable, but I haven't once thought about killlilng myself or wanting to die or what others thought about me at work. and as I sit here right now, after you've helped bring this consciousness to my thoughts....I am grateful