Thread: stick it out?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
addicted2aholes

stick it out?

im not exactly sure what drove me to this site, or even why im posting this right now. i thought i came here looking for advice or to read about someone going through a similiar situation as me or maybe i just want someone to tell me the truth. to tell me things i dont want to hear but are so right. in my mind i think it would be best to leave my abf (alcoholic boyfriend, not sure if thats the right abbreviation you guys use) but it is so hard. not hard because i dont think i'd be able to live without him, i know i could. i feel so guilty just thinking about it. he has no one to talk to. he doesnt get along with his parents and the few friends he has dont even care about him. i have always been there for him through everything. i feel like if i were to leave him, he would get severly depressed and do something stupid. at the same time i wish he would react the opposite and realize what he'd be losing and want to change. you could say i need to put my feelings first but isnt alcoholism a far more hard and serious struggle then the stress i go through? i feel bad he has to go through this because at times i think he really cant help it. but then agian he doesnt go to meetings or anything anymore. my mind goes back & forth all day long. i get mad at myself for staying with him and i get mad at him for not wanting to get better. we have a daughter on the way and shes due in October. am i wrong for wanting to stick it out until at least then to see if he can be the great father i know he can be when hes not drinking?