View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
TDinATL

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
A non reply would have ended the interaction and caused you less pain. Even better, hitting the delete button and choosing not to read his e-mail would have caused you no pain at all.
You'd really have to know this guy to know what he's like. He does not have the ability to see anything beyond what he needs or wants and he does not give up. That has served him well in business but not so good in his personal life. He's told me before I'm the only person that's stuck by him through alcohol, cocaine, suicidal thoughts, an uncle's suicide, being a grandpa at 39, addiction to prostitutes... the list goes on. He's done me wrong many times and I've always let it go because I thought he needed someone in his life that was positive and there for him. For my sake I can't do that anymore.

I have this nauseating feeling that even if I ignore him for years he'll always pop back up when he feels he needs me. I really wish he'd just go away. My wife cheating on me with my friend is bad enough without this parasite on me all the time.

However, I did not respond to this email, even though I had plenty to say about it.