View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TDinATL

Angry Gotta vent this!

ARRGGH! OK, OK, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10... I'm calm...

So... my 'friend' that I found out had an affair with my wife included me on a mass email with some pics of a huge snake or something. I replied to him with a simple, Take me off your email list. I'm a Christian and he knows that's important to me, here's his reply.

Okay. I hope you are doing well. I would like to talk to you if you are ready. I hope you will not hate me forever but, I understand that I deserve no consideration here. You can choose to talk to me or not but, the Christian thing to do is to forgive. Also, from a mental perspective, you will feel better once you forgive me and put it behind you. You can call me an A-Hole or whatever and never talk to me again but, please don’t let this cause you pain for a prolonged period of time. You are better than that.
Seriously??? Is he really trying to guilt me into forgiving him to clear HIS conscience??? Unbelievable. For the record, he is an alcoholic as well... doe these tactics look familiar?

Does he really want to play the Christian card? if so how about not coveting thy neighbors' wife??? Oh, and how about this one... no adultery! Hmmm... that's an interesting thought.

Truthfully, his response helps me to solidify in my mind the type of person he is and although it really makes me mad now, it does help in putting this behind me.

Like the old saying goes - "That which does not kill us only makes us want to kill others.", or something like that.