View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SugarLily

I'm sorry for posting that you should run Lovehim, I was worrying whether I should have written that when I was driving home yesterday. Each situation and every couple is different. I can only speak from my experience. I was 20 when I met my ex. I well and truly, deeply would have done anything for him. Red flags cropped up in the beginning of our relationship. Before I got with him he had had two DUI's. I chose to ignore them.

"past behavior is the best predicator of future behavior"

I ignored all the little warning signs untill I was in too deep. I just wish looking back now that someone could have shaken me and said "look Sugar, as much as you love him and care about him you can't change him". It would have saved me from a lot of heartache.

I do still love my ex, and I believe he in his weird old way does love me. I've just learned to realised I cannot live with his crazyness.

I'm pleased to see you are focussing and working very hard on your education. Thats fabulous, keep working on you.

He told me that he can quit drinking on his own and doesn't need help
I heard that too. I learned to stop listening to his promises and look out for his ACTIONS.

He can if he chooses to - focus on his addiction and have a wonderful relationship with you. Only he can. I would suggest he goes to AA, but again he needs to do that. I can see you love him dearly and I wish you both well.