View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lovehim001

Thumbs up Thanks To Everyone!

WOW!! Thanks soo much EVERYONE!!! ...very helpfuL! It is hard to read the all of the 'run aways'. Being totally honest it just is very hard to hear that. (Last night was the 3rd time he has drank in the last 2 weeks while being on the alcohol monitor.) I was at my wits end last night. I talked to him today and told him that i can no longer date him unless he gets help. He cried...i cried. It was very hard. He told me that he can quit drinking on his own and doesn't need help. Which i do think he could do if he wanted too..i just don't fully believe that he does want to quit drinking he just may not want to lose me. The last 2 times he drank...i immediately found out about them and confronted him. He had a bad attitude and was unwilling to even talk to me. Tonight though he was willing to listen to what i had to say. I know that HE HAS TO CHOOSE TO QUIT and i don't want it to have anything to do with me. Mainly b/c i don't want something to happen to me and he turn to alcohol again.

Anyways, i didn't even know what type of help i could have suggested that he get b/c i don't know if aa is the only thing or if counseling could work well too. I do know that his alcohol monitor is very expensive and so money is tight, so i don't know how much these things cost. After this week my family and i are going on a cruise to Alaska for 2 weeks so i think after the vacation i will talk to him and we may try to work thing out and get back together then maybe? I hope to read more about alcoholics and just really inform myself more about this. See what different options there are out there.

I really hope that my posts make sense i have ADHD, let alone my adrenaline and emotions are flowing right now so i know i tend to ramble. So if something doesn't make sense feel free to ask!

A little about me! i am 19 years old. I was attending a university, adn studying special education. I have totally switched my major to nursing and am trying to get into a local all nursing school in order to get an accelerated 2 year degree in nursing. it is a very competitive school with a 100% graduation rate and a 90-something or other% nclex-rn? (the nursing boards test) pass rate. haha, i hope that makes sense!!! so i am super excited and nervouse though. I enjoy watching HGTV and jon and kate plus 8! ha..i am a TV junkie, have to be honest!!! I work at clothing store and babysit a TONN! & love it!

Thanks again everyone! I will definitely read some literature on this subject and look around the website a little more. I will inform my self and acquire the knowledge i need in order to learn the most about this situation and make well informed decisions...ones that are probably going to be difficult but that will help me be a 'better me' in the future!!