View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tryingtofly

When my I met my RAH (Recovering Alcoholic Husband) he was 23. I didn't really think anything of his drinking (he was a binge drinker) after all, it was a stage he would grow out of...or so I thought. I kept thinking "When we move in together, it will stop"; "Now that we're engaged, it will stop"; "Now that we're buying a house, it will stop"; "Now that we're married, it will stop"; "Now that I'm threatening to leave him, it will stop". But as I've learnt on here - I didn't cause it, I can't control it, I can't cure it. Neither can anyone/thing else - only the A can do that.
Christmas night he was arrested for domestic abuse (he shoved me and pushed me, so I called the cops). I'm sure part of you is thinking that won't happen to you. I thought that too when I first came on here last march or so. Everyone kept saying it'll get worse unless he gets help, and I kept thinking "They don't know my hubby, he's not like that." I was wrong. However, him getting arrested was the best thing that ever happened to us. That was his rock bottom. December 26th he joined AA and he's never looked back. Now I don't have to hold out for those small moments of amazing - I get them all the time.

Good luck and please stick around!